It is a dance competition where the participants battle it out with their dance groove. The contestants need to make their team, choose their style, load their favorite music and let the dance make the audience swoon.
• Participants can choose any dance form in any of the categories.
• The whole competition has been divided into three categories :
> SOLO : Time duration : max 4 minutes
> Duet : Time Duration : max 5 minutes
> Group: Time Duration: max 10 minutes
Team members: max 25 in a team
• Participants need to submit their music tracks 3 hrs before the start of competition.
• All the members of group dance should be from same college or institute.
• Negative points will be there for exceeding the time limit.
India's first ever App-Based Treasure-Hunt, the URBAN CRUSADE rains down this spring at NITRUtsav '16. As the name suggests, this Treasure Hunt intends to deviate from the traditional form of treasure hunting and encompass the use of various social and technical advancements that the society has made in these few years.
‘If you got it, flaunt it.’ Said Monroe, but wait… also our very own hunk, Johny Bravo . Do you yearn for that cheering crowd which hoots at your gorgeously glamorous yet winningly witty self? Here is your much awaited chance to stand out! NITRUTSAV 2K16 puts forward a top notch event for you to flaunt and vaunt your talents with that charming charisma. A shout out to all the pretty lassies and all the proud lads! Pack the confidence in your pockets and practice that billion-bucks smile ‘cuz the hunt is on!
The search is on to find our own Jigglypuff here in NITRUTSAV 2k16. ‘Voice of NU’ gives you a stage to sing your soul out, to leave a soft corner in the heart of everyone who hears you serenade. Gear up to show us your brand of music be it the dulcet tones of the past or the bassy growl of the metal. This is your place to shine when you sing! Welcome to a musical extravaganza…
Collage Fun Art, Team Building Event.
• The Participants i.e Individual , Team or Group Members need to be their; Max No. of Participants In a Group, Team or Individual together can form a Group or Team, which Should be maximum 5 to 7 members and Minimum 3 members)
• The Group and Team Members would be asked to put up a cartoon theme of their choice of year 1990s. Or They can seek audience help for selecting a cartoon theme. Or they Can select any other theme based on:
i) Social On Going topics.
ii) Economy, Innovation, Indian Culture etc. of their choice.
• After Selecting a Cartoon Theme or Any other Theme. The Team Can Put up the sketch in chart paper (materials provided by SAC). And Start working on Collage creation.
• Time Allotted for each Team or Group would be 30minuties. Within 30minutes they have to finish the Collage Creation Based on a Theme.
It is an Event where participants will be required to make a collage from pictures taken out of newspapers,Magazines or the internet that will be satirical, Comical and socially Intriguing. They will have to make these collages with the Theme “Hypocrisy of the Elected”. The Will be Judged on the Criteria of Idea ,Design, Neatness and Humour value of the Collage.
Have you ever dreamed of sketching or painting the walls and surfaces with your fabulous thoughts and creativity in your wildest dreams? If it’s yes the, we provide you a wonderful opportunity to take one step ahead and join us with your craziest and wildest thoughts by your skill.
The creative man is the child who survived.
Scratch, Scrabble & Spray.
Be unique, passionate and be a part of this platform of art, where your art will be your voice.
No. of members in a team allowed: 2 (max.)
Event will be held in 2 rounds.
Participants don’t have to take any materials.
• Each team will be provided with chart paper, pencils & color pens.
• Theme will be declared on spot
• Time duration – 30 mins
• 5 teams will be selected by panel of judges for the final round
(Spray Can Stage)
• The 5 teams will be provided with spray paints
• Theme will be declared on spot
• Each team will be given plywood board of appropriate size
• Each team will be given 2 hours to complete the graffiti
• Final pieces will be examined by the judge & winners will be announced
Materials should be returned to the organizers after the event. Participants are required to take care of the cleanliness of their workspace.
“Theatre is the social and spiritual X-ray of its time”-Stella Adler
Do you have what it takes to immerse an audience in a multitude of emotions and actions? For people who have dramatics as a passion and an obsession, we present you NATYASHASTRA. The shiny wooden floor, the retreating red curtains, is waiting for u. If you can take your expressions to the next level then this is the where you belong.
Teams need to excel in all departments like acting, drama, sets to impress the audience and the esteemed judges to win NATYASHASTRA.
The stage is set and is waiting for your next grand act.
• This is a group event. Each team should have a minimum of 7 and maximum of 15 actors. In addition there can be 1 person in charge of music and 1 person for lights.
• Event round will be Finals.
• Total time allotted for each team is 12 – 15 minutes (including the stage set up and clearance time)
• Backstage voiceovers and narrations are allowed during performances.
• Pre-ordered music is allowed and should be brought in CD/DVD or pen drive in .mp3 format only.
• Participants will be provided with a laptop and light control box, using which sounds and light can be controlled.
• Any kind of fluid, flame, live animals, heavy objects or any kind of material that damages the stage is strictly NOT allowed and may lead to disqualification.
• Inappropriate content, blasphemy or content defaming any political or religious group is strictly prohibited.
• Time limit should be strictly followed. Participants will be penalized by judges for not doing so. The decision of the judges will be final and binding.
A constantly evolving art form, the street play has succeeded in appealing to an audience whose attention span is habituated to multiple stimuli from the media. The street play has itself assumed the role of an effective marketing tool over the years. It combines aesthetics with novelty, and is also cost-effective. Street-performers are often effective in their abuse as moving advertisements with a human touch. However, the street play’s major domain was and continues to be, social awareness.
• No. of participants allowed : 7-15
• There will be only one round i.e. the FINALS.
• The time limit is 15 minutes.
• The time duration includes stage setting time and performance time.
• Any instance of vulgarity or disturbing content of any order will lead to forceful halt of performance and immediate disqualification.
• Teams will have to bring their own instruments.
“MAKE SURE YOU HAVE AN INTERNET CONNECTION ON YOUR PHONE”
This is a fun generating event with literary stuff.
There shall be 4 rounds:
1. CITY COCKTAIL : Four participants will be listed as a group and each group will be named after the city they choose.This round is entirely based on solving riddles on cities and few locations in NIT.
2. PINTEREST : Best hilarious Speech using given set of images.
3. VID-VIVA: Different questions based on video clips
4. ENACTO: Enacting different roles for a particular situation
It’s for those who would like to explore the very minute details of the interesting facts about the world in a whole. It might be a trivia or a major happening in some part of the world. The session will be based on some fantastic questions set by a national level quiz master. The idea is not to check the knowledge of others but to share the same with some enjoyment.
• Teams should consist of 2 or 3 members.
• The quiz will start with a preliminary written round.
• The top 6 teams shall be selected for the final round.
• IT IS A MOCK AUCTION BASED EVENT
• ALL THE PARTICIPATING TEAMS WILL BE ALOTTED AN INITIAL BUDGET(VIRTUAL MONEY).ALL THE TEAMS WILL BE ALLOTTED EQUAL AMOUNT OF MONEY(VIRTUAL) INITIALLY TO AVOID BIASNESS.
• TEAMS WILL HAVE TO DESIGN THE BEST POSSIBLE COMBINATION OF PLAYERS(PLAYING XI) FROM THE POOL OF PLAYERS PROVIDED
• EACH PLAYER WILL BE ALLOTTED CERTAIN RATING POINT BASED ON HIS CALIBER/PERFORMANCE
• SCORE OF A TEAM WILL BE CALCULATED AS
SCORE= (TOTAL TEAM RATING POINT)/(AMOUNT SPENT)
• TEAM WITH THE HIGHEST SCORE WINS
This is a team event. The event is a real life role playing game in which the students are characters in the main plot. The students will be assigned roles based on their performance in the first round after which the real game begins. The game will test the participant’s psychological aptitude, quantitative aptitude, observation skills, efficiency and effectiveness through the various tasks and puzzles that they will face throughout the event. The students according to the scores obtained will be given different paths of varying difficulty to complete their objective, the objective remaining the same.
The event consists of two rounds:
This is an elimination round consisting of mental ability tests and psychological aptitude tests. Based on the scores each group obtains in this level, teams would be shortlisted for the next round. The test will be of approximately half an hour duration and the scores will be declared within an hour of the test.
This is primarily a field round in which the teams will be facing each other in a cryptic treasure hunt, finding puzzles, tracking people and unlocking clues to proceed to the next level. Each time a team clears a checkpoint, the coordinators will be notified and the team’s current position will be updated. The objective of each team will be to find the mystery character as soon as possible using the clues that they obtain in each level. The team can report the answer to the coordinators as soon as they unveil the mystery. Points will be allotted for each task that they complete and the team to complete the task in the minimum time possible with the highest total shall be declared the winner. In case that no team is able to unveil the mystery, the team that is leading the score tally will be declared the winner.
" DEVIL FOLLOWS " is an interesting game. In this event, a group of 3 or 4 students would have to do a task. One of the members cannot speak and others would be blind-folded .The task involves picking up objects from different positions in a certain place by the blind folded ones while being directed by the other member who cannot speak with the help of gestures which may be clapping, whistling or things other than speaking and touching them . The objects can be small things like stationary and more. This task can be organised in two ways either a challenge between two teams or a single team for their entertainment or an event where results are declared at the end.
• A group should have atleast 3 participants.
• One of them can speak and the rest of them will be blind folded.
• The person who cannot speak cannot touch the other members of the group.He can only make sounds like whistling, clapping etc.
'Dojo' is a Japanese term that means practice arena. We present this 'Into the Dojo' demo show in NIT for the first time consisting of various simple but effective self- defense techniques to survive Brutal attacks. It will have realistic but choreographed moves So that no participant is hurt. This Demo will be followed by a 'Kata' that is again Japanese term meaning patterned defence moves for defending oneself against several attackers, used in Judo and Karate training. The show will conclude after a realistic demo of the very famous BRUCE LEE'S ONE INCH PUNCH.
This is not over yet, we have more to offer. The very next day, we have a workshop on 'Krav Maga', the Israeli brutal Self Defense art. Join us to have a first hand knowledge of basic defence and attacks in emergency situations. See you'll there.
The concept of the event is that it gives a platform to young talented people to showcase their abilities to perform yet be creative in Ad making. Based on NITRUTSAV 2016 90’s cartoon character theme.
Prelims: Team of two will be given a product to make their conceptual Ad. Ad can be audio as in Radio Ads or it can be enact as in TV Ads.
Finals: Out of all entries finally three teams will be selected and will be named as 'OOH' 'AAH' & 'OUCH. These teams will each be given a product on which they were supposed to create radio & TV ads. And perform in front of a live audience. The performances will be judged on the spot and the best team will win.
Ad has to Comic and Creative. It should be in line with our NITRUTSAV theme. It can be spoofs of either some current TV shows or some product ad campaigns. Product will be decided by judging committee.
Time Allotted for each Team or Group would be 30 minutes.
An event that aims at arousing your spirits with the right blend of glamour and panache –
Fashionista is a vivid celebration of colors, auras and beauty. Whether it is with their innovative
sense of style that is incorporated in the form of creative attire, or it is their confidence that
reflects in their gait, they are sure to make your heart skip a beat. So prepare for flamboyance,
grandeur and passion, as we attempt to enthrall you in an event that is going to take your breath
Do not be fooled by the lights and the music, the painted bodies or the veiled faces, each of those who walk the ramp are equal shareholders of magnificence and charisma. Sit back in your seats and feel the heat of the moment, as they prepare to captivate your senses with a show that is as intriguing as it is exciting. NITRUTSAV 2k16 is proud to bring before you a phenomenal evening, in the form of a Fashion Show that is sure to leave you absolutely speechless!
• Teams can adopt any theme according to their choice.
• Last date for online registration for the event is 6th of February, 2016.
• There will be only one round for this event.
• Maximum time allowed for the performance is 8+2 minutes. Teams exceeding this time will be penalized.
• Maximum members allowed in a team: 25 (excluding choreographers and designers)
• There is restriction on the use of fire or any inflammable object and glass shatter on stage. Negative points may be awarded in such a case.
• There is no restriction on the use of props, though there are no marks for props.
• The teams must bring CDs for the music (audio format) or songs in a laptop.
• Please carry it on 2 CDs. Music clip must be provided to the organizers 3 hours before the event.
• Teams must report at the venue at least 3 hours before the event starts.
• Teams shall bring all the required props and costumes by themselves. Organizers must not be approached with any requests in the matter. Specific requirements regarding lights must be discussed with organizers in advance.
Music is magic. Mystifying, is the effect it leaves in. It swirls through the head, flows through the veins making fingers drum and feet tap. Breathtaking melodies woven with instrumental exuberance are a promising delight to the senses, as the pleasurable cultural fiesta begins. With a perfect blend of lively tempo and expressive lyrics, a musical flight to the heavens, is ready to take off.
This NITRUTSAV, discover your own song, amidst the soothing lilt of the night, as we fill the air with soulful music. We Heartbeats, come back to you, with yet another stellar version of ’MAKTUB’, an unplugged musical experience. Because,hypnotism with music is in vogue!
Olymics of literature, Lit-a-lympics, the event consists of three rounds played in teams of two. A wide assortment of questions, like crosswords, riddles, jumbled words are sure to make the grey cells work overtime. Fun events like guessing the names of a famous personality from a drawing made by the team member, and mind boggling rebuzz questions also add an aura of entertainment and challenge to the event. Keeping true to the motto of the Olymics, Citius. Altius. Fortius, one definitely has to be Faster, Higher and Stronger to emerge victorious in Lit-a-lympics.
A treasure hunt is one of many different types of games with two or more players who try to find hidden objects or places by using a series of clues.
This year RITVIC has decided to organize a Treasure Hunt in the college premises which will be in HINDI completely. This competition is to be held on 7th and 8th of Feb. It will be open to all the students of NIT as well as all other college.
This competition will comprise of two levels. First level will be open to all. The qualifiers of first level will move on to the Second level. The details of these levels are given below.
• This level is open to all.
• In this level the contestants will be provided with some words. They will be placed at 3 different places within the campus.
• There would be 2 contestants having the synonyms of a word. They need to find each other to make a group.
• Those who are able to form a group will be declared as winners of this level and will be qualified for the second level….
The Treasure Hunt
Place: LA Lawn, In front of Metallurgy Dep., Jo’s Kitchen
Time: 2pm – 5pm
• The qualifiers of the First level are only allowed to participate. The groups created in the first round cannot be changed.
• Each group is to be provided with a number of clues in Hindi. To find their respective solution decides their fate.
• The group to complete all the clues correctly is declared the winner.
Starting point: Behind Exhibition Hall, In front of the Golden Jubilee building.
Time: 11am – 5pm
This event requires participants to go crazy with colours and paint the face of another person. Paint them with the colours from cartoons of 90s.
Come, sing along to the tunes of popular numbers with your friends.
Show off your singing skills. Have fun.
Show off your tactical nous and acrobatic skills in this fun event.
Weave your way out of the web and survive to come out trumps.
This is a Live Satire Event in which the participants will be asked to Perform a Live Act where they will put out their views in a satarical manner while taking on daily issues which we face in our lives , Something on the lines of EIC Outrage , The Daily Show , Last Week Tonight with John Oliver Etc.
A lot can happen in a minute, and that is what we will give you- a minute. Are you spontaneous? Are you opinionated? Are you good at speaking? Here is an opportunity for you to make. Easy enough? Here is the catch- You will be given just one minute to talk. Get ready to roll your tongue like Bugs Bunny!
Join us at NU BANG JAM, and impress us in Just A Minute.
Somewhere between Sherlock and Scooby Doo, James Bond and Inspector Gadget, we all grew up. This NU, as you drown in Nostalgia, we bring to you NU Journalist, to unleash the hidden detective within you. Join us in deciphering mind boggling clues, confusing evidence and serious crime. Watch it all untangle into a criminal mastermind's plot as you solve the case at hand in NU Journalist 3.0.
Participants have to perform on Mangalacharan (Dasabatra) and would be judged on th basis of their dance performance.
"I am what I am and that's all what I am." -- Popeye the Sailor
Do you have the courage and the will to face against anything that comes in your way like Popeye. NITR Roadies is where the physical, mental and emotional strength of the participants will be tested with different rounds of events that lead to elimination.
So, if you wish to find out if you are a real man, come over to NITR Roadies.
Everything or Nothing
• ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK. We got enough on our plate
• The judges' decision is final; any argument with the judges and co-coordinators will result in expulsion from Roadies.
• The Entry into the Personal Interview Round is only possible if the contestants' answers in the questionnaire form are appealing/ offending to the judges and form checkers.
• NITR Roadies is not for the weak-hearted, if you suffer from any known or unknown physical conditions then we suggest you back the 'eff' off.
• The tasks and proceedings in NITR Roadies have been set up in a way so as to challenge the participant mentally, physically and emotionally. So don't be a crybaby and start whining if you end up getting abused by anyone.
• The Prizes and Rewards will be given only to the winner and if runner up impresses the judges we really might think of it.
• Report immediately to ground-zero if you are selected for further rounds, at the given time. We will not hesitate to give your spot to the next valid candidate.
• The tasks do involve water and it might get messy, be prepared with clothes that will allow you to perform properly. (An honest advice)
• There will be a rapid action first-aid team at all times if at all you get hurt. (In our opinion what's a soldier without a few wounds)
• Each task has different difficulty level, if you want you can quit in between.
Every one of us is crazy about selfies.In this event, the participants will be asked to click selfies with different signs, boards and buildings etc in our campus. And they should come with a good caption apt to the selfie. The best selfie and caption becomes the winner.
This event is a game of love.
Participants enter as couples and are made to go through a set of challenges. The pair that aces all the challenges is declared the winner at the end.
Invitation to all party animals.
Come, have the evening of your lives as you groove to the beats from all around the world.
THE ERA OF GAMING IS ON......
THE FUN PC GAMES EVENT IN NITRUSAV'16 WILL KNOCK YOUR SOCKS OFF WITH THE GAMES THEY HAVE LINED UP
• COUNTER STRIKE GLOBAL OFFENSIVE
• FIFA 14
• NFS MOST WANTED
CASH PRIZES WILL BE GIVEN TO THE WINNER IN EACH GAME DURING THE EVENT.
NOTE: THERE IS A REGISTRATION FEE OF 50 Rs FOR EACH PLAYER IN FIFA 14 AND NFS MOST WANTED.
REGISTRATION FEE IS 250 Rs FOR CSGO PER TEAM.
SPOT REGISTRATIONS CAN ALSO BE DONE FOR THESE EVENTS.
RULES FOR THE GAMES WILL BE EXPLAINED DURING THE EVENT.
The life of students is like a flowing river, but at sometimes this flow goes through some obstacles. Forget being “Guardians of the Galaxy” can you guard yourselves first ?
Can you defend yourselves if you are accused of any guilt? If yes ,then to what extent?
Obviously you cannot measure, but you can do it now here in the event conducted by HOURGLASS on the first day of NITRUTSAV to bring out the LAWYER within you...
• The participants must come in a team of 2 members.
• The event will be a multiple round event.
• The team that performs the best will be given prize as an applause.
The event will be an interaction based quiz based on the theme of NU i.e. 90’s entertainment.
Questions shall be based on popular 90s shows- cartoons, iconic movies and T.V series. The event shall include some trading tricks among participant groups(2-3 members)
It is the first event of the Society for History and Philosophy, The newest student society in NIT Rourkela. There is going to be a discussion on the topic :
What is living and what is dead in Philosophy?
Participants can come in their own group of 3 to 4 members or they would be teamed with members on the spot itself. There will be three rounds, the rules of which will also be notified on the spot. We expect people to participate in large numbers, people who have genune interest in History and Philosophy. It's a one of its kind event. So supporters and be a part of us.
Contact Details :
Gaurab : 9776056320